Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (1): The Collector


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted @ Breaking the Spine wherein we share what books we are eagerly waiting for.
Hello, friends!

Did you wake up on time? I didn't. I have a hard time resetting my body clock back to normal after getting used to sleeping at 4 in the morning. Long breaks aren't good for my sleeping habits. As always, I have the internet to blame. Why do you have so many interesting things to tell me, Internet? And why oh why do you keep distracting me with covers like this:


The Collector (Dante Walker, #1)

THE COLLECTOR
BY VICTORIA SCOTT

PUBLICATION DATE: April 2, 2013

Summary from Goodreads:
He makes good girls...bad.  

Dante Walker is flippin’ awesome, and he knows it. His good looks, killer charm, and stellar confidence has made him one of hell’s best—a soul collector. His job is simple, weed through humanity and label those round rears with a big, red good or bad stamp. Old Saint Nick gets the good guys, and he gets the fun ones. Bag-and-tag. 

Sealing souls is nothing personal. Dante’s an equal opportunity collector and doesn’t want it any other way. But he’ll have to adjust, because Boss Man has given him a new assignment:

Collect Charlie Cooper’s soul within 10 days. 

Dante doesn’t know why Boss Man wants Charlie, nor does he care. This assignment means only one thing to him, and that’s a permanent ticket out of hell. But after Dante meets the quirky, Nerd Alert chick he’s come to collect—he realizes this assignment will test his abilities as a collector, and uncover emotions deeply buried.
That cover should be illegal. I've never seen a cover that's spoken to my most instinctual feminine side, if you know what I mean *waggles eyebrows*. True, the reaper thing isn't new anymore. Bad boy type? Done. Falling in love with a nerd isn't too but THE SEXY NEW GUY IS.

Damn, I really should get these hormones under control.

Anyway...

What book are you waiting on? Leave your WoW link and I'll be sure to check it out ;)

post signature

2 comments:

  1. GELLIE! *falls down dead*

    Sorry, this cover and this blurb cause me to spontaneously combust sometimes. Dante sounds HOT. *fans self* I need this book immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like many of us are "waiting on" this one :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for dropping by! I read and appreciate all well-thought-out comments/messages so feel free to leave one. And do not forget to leave a link back to your blog so I can return the favor.

Also, this is now an award-free blog. Still, thank you for thinking of me. You're awesome!

Have a blessed day!